Register for the Riverina Classic
You can register online, a condensed version of the rules can be found below. Registration for the 2021 Event OPEN for online registrations.
2021 Entry Fees:
Kids (under 17 years) $20
Family (2 adults, 2 kids [under 17 years] $120
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: Entry to Riverina Classic Fishing Competition, Entrants will be entered into a draw for a prize, to be confirmed closer to the event.
Early Bird Entry Prize to be confirmed
Please note: By registering for the Riverina Classic you are consenting to occasional contact from the committee regarding promotion of the event, A welcome SMS will be sent to all competitors at the commencement of the comp with the mobile number to send your catches.
COMPETITION RULES (Condensed version for website)
- Each legal native fish (e.g. Murray Cod, Golden Perch) angled must be must photographed (as per photo rules) and released as soon as possible to the water. All native fish entered must be catch and release only. Entrants found keeping entered fish will be instantly disqualified.
- Photo must be of a live fish. Photos showing signs of mutilation, damage, excessive blood or improper handling will be deemed unfit for entry.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide their own brag mat.
- Fish must be photographed on a brag mat of good quality with easily visible numbers. Photo must be taken square on to the fish and mat.
- Your entry tag must be placed at the top of the mat near the fishes head and clearly be able to be read in the photo.
- The nose of the fish must be level with the zero mark on the mat or the stopper if the mat has one. The entire fish and the measuring edge of the mat must be visible in the photo with the length of the fish being clearly identified and legible.
- The dorsal fin must point to the top of the mat.
- The brag mat must be on a flat surface with no creases.
- Entries are judged on length. Measurements will be rounded down to the nearest centimetre. To take the lead the fish must be 1cm longer than the current leader. In the event of a tie the entry received first will be deemed the winner so if you catch a fish get that photo in ASAP.
- Any digital manipulation of the photo will be deemed as cheating and will result in the angler being disqualified.
For full rules & regulations please see the Rules and Regulations PDF above (if not visible wait till closer to the event to access)
Categories for the Competition
- Biggest Murray Cod (Snr Male, Snr Female, Jnr Male, Jnr Female)
- Biggest Golden Perch (Snr Male, Snr Female, Jnr Male, Jnr Female)
- Champion Angler (Cumulative length of all natives caught by entrant. Snr and Jnr categories)
- Biggest Carp (Replaces the previous prize of most carp. One prize across all entrants)
- Prize for the best represented Registered Fishing Club